Monday, July 30, 2012

Living room makeover

Been a bit busy lately! Had Feeling the end of summer coming way too quickly. At the moment I am out of town enjoying the week and the quiet laid back life in a small town with my kids visiting  some of my siblings.  Feeling the need to get in a few last trips in before summers end. I also did write a list of of goals for projects that I wanted  to accomplish this summer. So far I am proud to say I accomplished my number one project which was getting my bedroom and master bathroom painted. Yea!! Two days and little sleep and its done! Now I am in the process of decorating it.
   Here are pictures of my living room that was in need of a subtle change to make me fall in love with the room again.

                           Before
             

My inspiration for change was these striped pillows that came with this couch. Been wanting some pillows that were a little bit brighter for this couch since I got it 4 years ago!



    Love my wall art but since I changed my pillows I felt like I needed to brighten up this space on my piano too.

           After




Ahhh much better! This room makes me happy now with just these few subtle changes.




I have been wanting to make a monogram pillow ever since I saw it on the sweet survival blog   Found a font that I liked and traced it onto felt and sewed it onto the linen material. The yellow pattered pillow cover I sewed from napkins that I bought from Target.


Oh these lamps! I have been searching for a year for the right clear glass lamps. Not just the right ones but the right price because they are kind of expensive. I got lucky when Target put all their lamps on sale where you buy one and get one half off. Why I love these so much is because the whole bottom is open so I can put anything I want inside of it. Can you see the potential?? Holidays?? Yeeaa!  Had these branches of flowers that fit perfectly inside and are a great look for the spring and summer.







Got these yellow birds from my neighbor. I was so excited about them because they tied in so perfectly with my yellow pillow!

                                                                     

                                                                                        

 Linked to-Mon-craft-o-maniaccreatingreallyawesomefreethingshomestories a to zthrifty decor chickdiy show offsumos sweet stuff, Tues-tip junkienot just a housewife, sugarbeecrafts Weds-uncommon designs onlinegingersnap craftssomeday crafts Fri-tatertots and jellosix sisters stuffwhipperberryshabby nestblissful and domesticclassy clutter, house of hepworths Sat-positively splendid, Sun-Under the table and dreaming




17 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love the pillows and the little yellow birds! You did a great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so perfect!! I want that lamp! I am on the hunt at Target!! And super impressed that you sewed those pillows!!! High five!!!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! I'm loving the pops of yellow that you have throughout your living room:) Those pillows are pretty neat! I especially like the monogram one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. YOU should totally be an interior designer. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those couches-the arms are like a squared rounded...nice! great with the yellow accents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the flowers inside the lamps! Those lamps are going to be some of your favorite pieces! At least they would if they were mine :-). Great job with this room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lamps too! Such awesome potential for holidays, nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I love the little yellow birdies. I am a new follower from the GFC blog hop. You can find me over at www.dalaynadillon.blogspot.com See ya around! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh this looks gorgeous!! I love those frames & that letter S! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great improvement - i love the yellow birds. and the lamps are so cool - it will be fun at christmas with all your fun options.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the changes! It's so fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had such an itch to redo my living room, and this definitely didn't help! I love the S pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pillows, but the lamps are my favorite! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! I love the lamp and the little yellow birds... and all of it! It just looks so pretty (yet still a space you can live in and not be terrified Martha will pop out and yell at you that it's just for a magazine photo shoot and not for sitting)! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  15. The monogram pillow is just fabulous! Kudos for posting this well-written article! :) Do you have any tips for a bathroom makeover?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...