Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chicken and Black Bean Tacos

These tacos get made pretty often in my home. They are healthy, easy and quick to make. My type of cooking!



                                                                              Ingredients
                                                         
                                                                         12 oz chicken breast
                                                                         1 15oz can of black beans
                                                                         shredded cheese
                                                                         chopped lettuce 
                                                                         fat free sour cream
                                                                         1 lime
                                                                         pkg. of corn tortillas


Boil chicken and add salt into the water  Shred chicken when done. Layer chicken (3 oz per 3 tortillas) 1/2 cup of black beans,a pinch of shredded cheese , lettuce and 2 tbsp of sour cream. Squeeze lime over the taco and fold.

                                                                                  Nutrition   
                                                                                 (per 3 tacos)
                                                
                                                                                  440 cals
                                                                                  9g fat
                                                                                  56 carbs
                                                                                  35g protein 
                                                                               
                                                                           Makes 4-5 servings

                                                                                 


 Linked to-- six sisters stufffive days five ways



16 comments:

  1. I love a good and easy recipe! I'm so trying this :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I LOVE mexican food!! We usually make beef tacos, but these look and sound delish, plus their healthy! I will definitely need to try these sometime soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...that looks absolutely delicious! I'm all for tasty, quick, and healthy! Thank you so much for sharing! Please feel free to stop by my blog anytime- I’m currently hosting my July giveaway and I host a weekly link party called “This Week the Trend” that I’d love for you to join! I hope you’re having a great weekend!

    Veralynn
    Joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look absolutely delicious. I will definitely have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE these kind of black bean tacos!!! they are so so so yummy!!


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!! These look delish - and SO quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed a healthy recipe and I knew you would deliver. Just pinned this. I worked out 4 times this week and lost 2 pounds! I thought of you. You are my work out role model:>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey do you know are corn tortillas healthier than flour? Jason hates corn but I was just wondering?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo great blog honey! glad i stumbled across it :)

    I'd love if you visited mine? www.7wondersblog.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so good and actually really healthy for you. Definitely going to pin this recipe :)


    Just started following you from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop and would love a follow back! Thanks :)
    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. those look delicious! I am your newest follower and I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow my preppy blog. I always comment back and would love to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks delicious and healthy!<3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these look good!!! I was in need of a dinner idea tonight. Think I might try this! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them and added corn! yum. They were a pretty big hit with my husband! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...