Monday, March 26, 2012

Not too bad being 33!

Had a fabulous time celebrating our anniversary and my birthday this weekend! Every year my husband and I get a night away for our anniversary and it is amazing how this does wonders for our marriage! We truly look forward  to this every year. To have a full 24 hrs to focus on each other without any other distraction. Makes us feel like newly weds again. Well our anniversary is actually in February but  had a busy month and decided just to combine our celebration with my birthday this year. This for sure worked out to my advantage as my husband hates to shop but he was more than willing to go anywhere I wanted since it was my birthday weekend.  He truly is a great man! We started our night off by  heading to Ceasers Palace and eating at Max Brenners. Yes I'm a proud Vegas girl! The food was really good but the dessert was to die for. Their chocolate fondue was AMAZING!  Well conveniently right across from the restaurant was the huge 3 story  H&M clothing store that I have been wanting to check out for a while. Did I mention how much I love my husband?! If you know me you would  know that I take forever to shop and  I have to check out everything! I could easily spend two hrs in a clothing store just looking without buying a single thing. In this case I walked out buying two items.
    So sleeping in is a luxury for my husband and I and the only down side to a hotel is that checkout time comes way  to soon!  I think out best sleep we have ever had has always been during this once a year over night getaways. Something about those black out curtains and  no noisy  kids to come wake us up. Our day consisted of  eating the breakfast buffet at the hotel  than checking out some other great shopping areas and finally  we went and saw  Hunger games. Wow that was an intense movie! Shame on me for seeing the movie before reading the books and a greater shame that my husband read the books before me! I now feel compelled to read them as I anxious to find out if there is some sort of happy ending to this disturbing story.We ended our night eating at Mimi's Cafe and discussing the movie. By the end of our getaways we always miss our kids and look forward to going home.
      Every year since turning 30 I have always dreaded my birthday as it just meant I was getting older. However this year I have finally learned to embrace my age because I now recognize  that  every year I seem to gain a little bit more understanding about life and value the things that matter most in it a little bit more.I have learned that this this is a good as it gets. To appreciate every day and be happy and content no matter what life throws my way. I know there are always blessings and good to counteract the bad. I have also learned the importance of taking on life one day at a time, slow down a little and putting my trust in God as my life depends on it. It feels great to be 33 today!



                                                 
                                                  Had to match my nails with my outfit!

Love these shoes but wished I had listened to my friend who said I should stash some flip flops in my purse just in case I could't walk anymore. 



                 

                                                                          Where I shopped

                                                                Blue blazer-Styles for less
                                                                Pink and grey striped tank top-Ever
                                                                Lace belt-Rue 21
                                                                Necklace-Down East Clothing
                                                                Bracelets-made by my mom
                                                                Shoes-Discount shoe factory


linked to-The pleated Poppy,momma go round,The letter 4,Rolled up Pretty,Transatlantic Blonde,g-rated

24 comments:

  1. happy birthday! What a sweet celebration. You look great, i like the fabulous heels and striped top. The blue accents are electric. When you look this gorgeous, age becomes insignificant.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Love the blue blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, You look gorgeous! Love the outfit too.

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!! LOVING those shoes!!!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday:) It is always nice to be able to get away and just spend quality time with the hubby! Vegas is the best! We just went there in February. I went shopping with the girls and we stopped at that H&M store. There were soo many awesome clothing choices. I'm like you that I could stay in one store for 2 hours just looking and trying on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! It seems like it was a nice celebration. I can't believe you're 33 though, I thought you were my age (26). You look amazing! Love your outfit. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are right so so important for a couple to take time out of their schedules to focus on each other, to reconnect and get those falling in love feelings again!! happy birthday to you and i love that outfit you are wearing

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post! you are one hot 33 year old. :) love the jewelry, too!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Add 16 more years to you and you'll be where I'm at!!! Yes, you do learn a lot as you live life - little things mean a lot!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the color combo! And 33 didn't hit me as hard as I thought it would either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit! We're hosting our first ever Beautify It Monday link party right now and we'd love for you to stop by and link up!

    Bringingbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy (Belated) Birthday, Love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Double Three birthday and happy anniversary! You look fab, and I especially love the color combination of royal blue, fuschia, striped, and the necklace.

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday! Y0u look great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated Birthday and Anniversary wishes! Sounds like a FUN get-away. Embrace your age Hun, cause ya just keep rolling through the years!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday and anniversary. You are looking good may I say. I'm just leaving 33 in a couple of months and it's been a good year for me :O) hope you enjoy your year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so cute! I would love to visit an H&M- I heard they are coming to Houston soon! So excited!
    We are going away soon for our 10th anniversary- I am SO excited.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog is amazing! Just found you through the pleated poppy and I'm so glad I did! Your outfit is fantastic and oh, those shoes! those shoes!

    <3 Daryl
    Roots, Wings, and Other Things.

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy birthday! love your blue blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy anniversary AND birthday! You looked super cute! Those white shoes with the cork sole are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness! I loved this post! I am going to be 32 this year and I can't believe that I am in my 30s already. I do love the place I am in my life though. SO funny that I read this when I did because I am sitting in the airport waiting to board a flight to Vegas. I am itching to go shopping (especially at H&M). More than anything, I am looking forward to sleeping in. I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old (the 6 month old has been keeping us up at night). We are so exhausted and can't wait to rest!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday lady! love the outfit!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...