Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A very "Nutritious and Delicious" breakfast


 I have eaten really well this week with these yummy healthy foods. Get the recipe and try them out too.

                               Nachos with a Twist
The green thing smoothie-a stylish little lady      Versatile marinated vegetables-permanent posies 

                               
Mashed faux-tatoes- two twenty-one                            French toast kabob-crumbs and chaos






          Fruit,veggies and egg whites for breakfast
         
               Pin It

This breakfast I promise is super delicious, low calorie, low fat high protien and nutrient packed! This is how you get the most out of your breakfast right here! I will admit that I probably eat this for breakfast at least twice a week. I love it that much! Its amazing how simple seasonings like salt, pepper and olive oil can make up such great taste.







I always keep bags of frozen broccoli and cauliflower on hand.Its easier than buying fresh and I don't have to worry about it going bad on me. I then add my two cups of mixed cauliflower and broccoli in a bowl with water and cook it in the microwave for 3 min.While that is cooking I sautee my onion and mushrooms in a pan with a tsp of olive oil. Then I drain my veggies and add them with the mushrooms and onions. I add salt and pepper for taste mix it all up and serve.



I then spray the pan with cooking spray and I always make my omelet second because I like to have the remains of the veggie mixture added to my egg for extra  flavor then I add a little salt to it for additional flavor and serve.


                                                           Ingrediants


                                                        1 cup of broccoli
                                                        1 cup of cauliflower
                                                       1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms
                                                       1/4 cup of onions
                                                       1/2 cup of liquid egg whites
                                                       1 teaspoon of olive oil
                                                        salt and pepper for taste
                                                       1 whole apple

                                                        makes 1 serving


                                                     Nutrition info. (with apple)


                                                        260 calories
                                                        4.5 g fat
                                                        37 g  carbs
                                                        14 g protein


  
                                  What healthy food did you make?


                                                   

                                                     















13 comments:

  1. MmmMmM that breakfast looks delicious. I'm going to have to try it one of these days. :) Thanks for the invite. I'll be coming back to pick up some good healthy recipes at your party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring me! Enjoy your day:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and the invite to link my Cedar Planked Salmon. Done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drooling over your tasty and healthy breakfast. Thanks for posting! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! You always make food that makes me want to take a bite right through my computer screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks very good. I agree about the frozen veg, just got some florets the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey.....I just saw that you featured my Nachos with a Twist....or Marinated Vegetables. Thank you so much! That made my night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum!! thanks for these fabulous recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following via live laugh Rowe's blog hop.
    Love your blog.
    www.eatenjoylive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! You have a little bit of everything on here (that's important). Food, exercise, clothes, crafts...what else do you need?! Thanks for visiting! I'm following you right back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum! Looks delicious and healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So yummy and looks delicious! Thanks for joining us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll come back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like an amazing breakfast. I've never had broccoli at breakfast, may have to try that!
    Thanks for linking up- this week's link party is now live!
    http://www.eatprayreadlove.com/2012/03/fried-mashed-potatoes-and-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...