Thursday, January 19, 2012

Simple home decor out of wicker bowls and picnic paper plate holders


I absolutely love to thrift shop just as much as I love going clothes shopping! There is just so much inspiration in a store full of random things. I noticed in magazines that wicker furniture,wicker decor and natural fibers were incorporated in a lot of home decor. So when I went to the thrift store one day having that on my mind, I went into the isle of baskets and found these picnic plate holders and bowls! I only paid $1 for a stack of those plate holders and and the most expensive bowl I bought was  75 cents and most were 50 cents and under. I already had the spray paint so this project was under $5!! I knew right where I was gonna put those plate holders! Finally that spot above my couch would be filled. Empty wall space has always bugged me! I also felt like my dinning room needed another color besides the standard red and white I had going on. I was quite pleased how the natural colored bowls found its place in there! Who says you can afford to decorate!! Now imagine what these would look like in a kids bedroom spray painted in fun colors! A cluster of these bowls would look really cute on walls!

Pin It


Aren't these awesome?! You can find a ton of these easily.


                             My living room 

Pin It

                               My dinning room



Super simple to spray paint however you are gonna want to let dry and put several                   
coats of paint on. These tend to soak up a lot of paint.


Well if you aren't inspired to use them as home decor they make great cheap toys! My son played with them for hours. He loved spinning the plates as if they were records!



Linked to-52 Mantels,A stylish little lady,A little tipsy,chic on a shoestring decorating,Rae Gun Ramblings,The Shabby Nest,Sugar and Spice,5 days 5 ways,Blissful and Domestic,tatertots and jello,michelle page,Craft-O-Maniac








11 comments:

  1. What a great idea! We eat off of those things almost every day and I never would have thought of using them as wall decor. Thanks for your sweet comments about my home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collection!! I was OH so close to buying a set (an awful burnt orange color, though) at a garage sale several months back. But, the hubby was with me and he didn't see what I saw. Now I wish I hadn't listened to him!! These are so chic and add wonderful texture! I so could have painted those orange ones a pretty chocolate. Oh well..

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I never would have thought to do that. Thanks so much for sharing :) I found you from 52 mantels and am a new follower. I look forward to more great posts!

    Erika
    http://myroadtosavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassidy, love the collection. And thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my board & batten ...

    Also, I've joined up with 5 talented bloggers for an "Impossibilities" challenge that culminates in a multi-blog link party on Jan. 31. You can find out more at this link ...

    http://itallstartedwithpaint.blogspot.com/2012/01/mission-impossibilities.html

    There's still time to get in on the fun ... oh, and if you blog about your participation, give me the link in my comments thread and I'll blog about you next weekend!

    xo
    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandmother used to have several of these. I would never have thought to use them as decoration; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I thought wicker baskets are just useful for containers, and I feel so creative already...

    I think I can spraypaint some too, and place them on my walls.

    Thanks for the inspiration. Ow, and thank you for your kind comments on my blog! Please visit again soon!

    I'm not a good cook, unfortunately, soooo I can't join your link up. sigh..

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and simple! I looooove spray paint!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog last night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute in your living room above your sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah, love this! I love the texture of baskets and I never thought of using these like this. I'm pinning it. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am amazed by the fineness of these baskets. You couldn't find similar fine quality pieces like these. Where can I get one? apartments in orlando fl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...